Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Sunday Sort of Update


Yes, we did finish The Goblet of Fire, and we're now on chapter 12 of The Order of the Phoenix. We spend a fair amount of the day reading.

Food just magically appears. My mom's been cooking and baking, as has Patty, and Cinda stops off every couple of days with various goodies. I fried myself a meatloaf sandwich for lunch, and that's the most I've put toward food preparation or cleanup in a week. Tonight Patty is cooking a Roman something -- she says it's the meal she gets for her birthday. I don't know anything more about it, except that it smells pretty good up there.

We continue to hang out in da Woods -- the weather's still pretty crappy, but Dede noticed Bardo the barred owl over across the ravine, and they say it'll hit 60 by Tuesday. Life, as they say, goes on...

Oh yeah, Nancy provided the photo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Green sprouts have popped out on the elderberry and white honeysuckle bushes, as well as the black raspberries in our backyard. ahhhhhhhh, finally, as it warms up this week we should see the blush of lime green that says it really is spring again. thinking of you all over there, with much love from over here. A. Noni

Anonymous said...

We had dad over for dinner and he told stories about remembering that is was Annie's birthday because April 13th is also the day he got severely 'reprimanded' when he was a kid for shooting his b-b gun into the window of the fat lady who lived next door to them in Eagle. There is much more to the story and I'm sure he'd share it if you asked. He was going to call you from here, Annie, but we got distracted with other conversation, but you were thought of with love and stories of b-b guns. Kevin I'm glad you are keeping mom busy. Love you guys! Katie

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Diana,
I think about you guys often. I wish there were something I could do to help. One of the frustrating things about living an ocean away, I guess. Reading Katie's comment, maybe our Dad's should get together for some meals...not sure how great a cook either of them are!
Please know you are both in my thoughts.
Sheila Curtin

Cranium Man said...

My tax forms are sprouting information and I'm only missing the interest income statement and then I'm done with it. An extension from the IRS is sprouting from my accountant's office. My sap just did not rise fast enough this year to get it all done. My mom was usually late on her taxes and I used to harangue her for it. Apparently it's hereditary.

Unknown said...

We have been thinking of you and sending good thoughts ever since we heard. Diana, you will be sorely missed by everyone who knew your wit, intelligence, loving holistic attitude, and your own beautiful self. Please tell us if there is anything we can do.

Love,

Stephanie Schnoebelen

Anonymous said...

I know when people see there are now six comments, they'll check to see if Kevin has added anything. Sorry, It's just me, welcoming Nancy. We're glad you are here! Katie